BuJo provides several commands via the command palette to schedule entries (i.e., copy them to the time tracking table as tasks) and track the time spent. An example of a time tracking table can be seen below:
To schedule tasks, one can use the
BuJo: Schedule Entry. When executed, this command will:
- Extract the BuJo entry text (i.e., alias if the entry is a wiki-link) or wiki-link depending on the value of the setting
- Generate a unique identifier (e.g.,
^bf4uuibsangd) for the BuJo entry and append it at the end of the line.
- Prompt the user to type the name of a markdown file that contains a time tracking table.
- Copy the entry text to the time tracking table as an open task and include a reference to the original BuJo entry based on the unique identifier.
- Update the symbol of the original BuJo entry to indicate that the task has been migrated to a time tracking table.
The following video demonstrates the scheduling command in action:
Alternatively, the command
BuJo: Schedule Entry can also be invoked via the default keybinding
The behavior of the scheduling command can be further customized through the following user settings:
Can be used to specify the prefix to use when selecting the daily planner file via the input box (e.g.,
Can be used to specify the symbol to set for a
BuJo entry scheduled to the time track table (i.e., by default, the symbol is updated from
[ ] to
Can be used to specify what to use as task name for the time tracking table when scheduling a
BuJo entry that contains a wiki link with an alias (e.g.,
[[A random task|project.example.a-random-task]]:
aliassets the name of the task in the table to wiki link alias (e.g.,
A random task)
filenamesets the name of the task to the actual wiki link (e.g.,
BuJo also introduces commands to track the time spent on tasks in a time tracking table:
BuJo: Record Timeto add a time record for a task
BuJo: Time Spentto calculate the total time spent on a task
The following video demonstrates these commands in action:
Additionally, the two commands above can also be invoked via the default keybindings:
alt+shift+tto run command
BuJo: Record Time
alt+shift+sto run command
BuJo: Time Spent
Check out the Snippets Reference for handy snippets that can be used to generate time tracking tables, add tasks from the clipboard, and more.